Wednesday 19 September 1951
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Marie-Anne Chazel and Daniel Lanois.
No Highway in the Sky, directed by Henry Koster, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Amazing Mr. Malone.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1951.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 September 1951!
Which were the important events of 19 September 1951 ?
- Heine Westenfluss's birthday, from Gundam SEED DESTINY.
- Hermione Granger's birthday, from J.K. Rowling's series Harry Potter.
- International Talk Like a Pirate Day
- Saint Kitts and Nevis - Independence Day (from Great Britain, 1983)
- Japan - Respect for the Aged Day (traditional - beginning in 2003, the holiday is held on the third Monday of September.)
- Chile - Armed Forces Day
- Church of England - Theodore of Tarsus
- Also see September 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Januarius
- In ancient Greece, the sixth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the procession to Eleusis began at the Kerameikos in Athens.
- Marie-Anne Chazel: French actress and comedienne, married to actor Christian Clavier.
- Daniel Lanois: Canadian singer-songwriter guitarist and producer.
- Darryl Read: English singer-songwriter drummer (with Crushed Butler) and actor (d. 2013).
- 1st broadcast of Search for Tomorrow on CBS-TV
- Italian civil servants strike for pay increase
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1951 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?