Sunday 20 July 2008
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of July people in US were listening to I Kissed A Girl by Katy Perry.
Step Brothers, directed by Adam McKay, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while Fearless Fourteen by Janet Evanovich was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Yogscast.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Conflict: Denied Ops or Race Driver: Grid.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 July 2008!
Which were the important events of 20 July 2008 ?
- St. Jerome Aemiliani
- St. Rufina
- St. Flavian
- St. Justa
- St. Margaret of Antioch
- St. Sabinus
- St. Joseph of Barsabas
- Brazil - Friendship Day
- St. Ceslas
- Argentina - Dfa del Amigo (Friendship Day)
- Japan - Marine Day (Umi-no-hi, currently it falls on the third Monday in July.)
- Northern Cyprus - Peace and Freedom Day
- Colombia - Independence Day
- Feast day for at least seventeen saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Aurelius
- St. Wulmar/Ulmar
- St. Severa1
- St. Barhadbesciabas
- St. Severa2
- St. Wilgefortis
- International chess day
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 20 July
- Artie Traum: American guitarist (Born 1943).
- Golfer Pádraig Harrington of Ireland wins his second successive Open Championship (British Open). (AP via Google News)
- ''The Dark Knight'' sets a new record for box office receipts for an opening weekend in the United States with US$158.4 million earned between Friday and Sunday. (''Entertainment Weekly'')
- The Colombian diaspora celebrates Colombia's Independence Day with concerts and marches against violence, kidnapping and the FARC in Bogotá, Leticia, the country's other 1,119 cities and municipalities, and events in cities around the world including Paris (attended by Ingrid Betancourt), London, Washington, D.C., New York City and Miami. (El Tiempo)
- At least 13 Afghan police and civilians are killed in an airstrike by NATO forces two weeks after an airstrike killed 52 civilians at a wedding. (BBC News)
- Beijing introduces traffic restrictions and factory closures in an effort to reduce air pollution for the 2008 Summer Olympics. (Reuters)
- 500,000 people attend the closing mass of World Youth Day 2008 in Sydney, Australia, celebrated by Pope Benedict XVI, who announces Madrid as the host city for the next World Youth Day in 2011. (''Sydney Morning Herald'')
- 1,600,000 people attend the Loveparade in Dortmund, Germany. (AFP via Google News)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 20 July 2008
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 2008 ?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?