Saturday 20 October 2007
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Crank That (Soulja Boy) by Soulja Boy Tell'em.
In UK About You Now by Sugababes was in the top 5 hits.
American Gangster, directed by Ridley Scott, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2007.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 October 2007!
Which were the important events of 20 October 2007 ?
- October 20 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bah�'f Faith - Holy Day - the B�b
- French Republican Calendar - Orge (Barley) Day, twenty-ninth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 20 October
- Jungle (open) primary election are held for governor and the legislature of the U.S. state of Louisiana.
- (to November 9) Wildfires in Southern California result in the evacuation of more than one million people and destruction of over 1,600 homes and businesses. Total damage estimate is US$1 billion.
- Georgia's governor Sonny Perdue declares a state of emergency due to drought conditions.
- Bobby Jindal of the Republican Party is elected as the next Governor of Louisiana and becomes the first Indian American governor in the history of the United States. With 53% of the vote, he defeats five Democrats, a Libertarian and five independents without requiring a runoff. (NYT)
- Riots erupt in the immigrant quarter of Amsterdam for the sixth night in succession after the death of a Moroccan man the previous weekend. (Reuters via ABC News Australia)
- Thousands flee a fresh outbreak of fighting in the east of the Democratic Republic of the Congo. (Turkish Press)
- Karachi police release a photograph of the suicide bomber who killed at least 130 people in the 2007 Karachi bombings. (BBC)
- J.K. Rowling has revealed that Dumbledore of the Harry Potter books is homosexual. (CNN)
- French trains resume service after a two-day strike against President Nicolas Sarkozy's proposed welfare reform. (BBC)
- Iraqi President Jalal Talabani criticizes Syrian President Bashar al-Assad for his support of a possible Turkish attack against Kurdistan Workers Party fighters in the Iraqi Kurdistan. (BBC)
- Mikhail Gorbachev founds a new political party in Russia, called Union of Social-Democrats. (BBC)
- Saeed Jalili replaces Ali Larijani as Iran's nuclear negotiator. (Reuters via News Limited)
- At least seven people die in a bomb blast in the town of Dera Bugti in the Balochistan province of Pakistan. (BBC)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?