Thursday 20 September 1934
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Belle of the Nineties, directed by Leo McCarey, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1934.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 September 1934!
Which were the important events of 20 September 1934 ?
- Hamit Kaplan: Turkish World and Olympic champion sports wrestler (d. 1976).
- Takayuki Kubota: Japanese-American martial artist and actor.
- David Marquand: English academic and politician.
- Jeff Morris: American actor (d. 2004).
- Rajinder Puri: Indian cartoonist journalist and activist (d. 2015).
- Sophia Loren: Italian actress and lifelong beauty, considered by some as the world's eighth natural wonder. Sultry and haughty, with eyes that are dark almonds, she has the full body of a woman, not that of the skinny girls favored by fashion mavens. With not only beauty, she has style and wit, keeping her in the forefront of films for over 50 years.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?