Friday 21 September 1934
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Judge Priest, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1934.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 September 1934!
Which were the important events of 21 September 1934 ?
- Mabon - Neopagan festival of Mabon
- International Day of Peace of the United Nations, as propagated by Peace One Day
- In ancient Greece, the eighth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the secret rites in the Telesterion finish and the feast, Pannychis, begins.
- Philippines - Thanksgiving Day
- Independence Day in Malta (1964), Belize (1981) & Armenia (1991)
- Also see September 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Matthew the Evangelist
- Leonard Cohen: Canadian novelist and songwriter-folksinger who became a Buddhist monk, shaving his head and living part-time in a monastery on Mount Baldy, outside of Los Angeles, CA.
- Jérôme Seydoux: French businessman and owner of Pathé, a large media enterprise.
- Typhoon strikes Honshu Island, Japan, kills 4,000.
- A large typhoon hits western Honshu, Japan, killing 3,036 people.
- A typhoon in Honshū, Japan kills 3,036 people, and destroys the temple, schools, and other buildings in Osaka.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?