Monday 10 September 1934
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Scarlet Empress, directed by Josef von Sternberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1934.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 September 1934!
Which were the important events of 10 September 1934 ?
- Roger Maris: American baseball player, famous for setting a record unbeaten for 37 years until Marc McGwire eclipsed the record for the most home runs in a single season on 9/08/1998 with his 70th home run during the last game of the season.
- James L Oberstar: (Rep-D-Minnesota, 1975- ).
- Vasil Kazandzhiev: Composer.
- Charles Kuralt: American broadcast journalist who won virtually every major award for TV journalism.
- Jim Oberstar: American educator and politician (d. 2014).
- Larry Sitsky: Australian pianist composer and educator
- Yves Cuau: Boulogne-Billt Journalist
- Charles Kuralt in Wilmington: North Carolina, USA; newscaster (On the Road).
- Roger Maris New York Yankees player: home run champion (61 in 1961, American League Most Valuable Player 1960, 1961).
- George Henschel: German-English singer-songwriter pianist and conductor (d. 1934).
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?