Saturday 8 September 1934
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Peter Maxwell Davies and Jacques Lanxade.
The Scarlet Empress, directed by Josef von Sternberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1934.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 September 1934!
Which were the important events of 8 September 1934 ?
- Peter Maxwell Davies: Manchester, England -- Composer (Prolation, Taverner).
- Jacques Lanxade: French admiral and former navy chief, and co-author of a recent proposed reform of NATO.
- Rodrigue Biron: Canadian politician.
- Peter Davies: English composer and conductor.
- Bernard Donoughue: Baron Donoughue English academic and politician.
- 54th US Mens Tennis: Fred Perry beats Wilmer L Allison (64 63 16 86)
- Bradman scores 132 vs. Leveson-Gower XI, 90 mins, 24 fours 1 six
- Luxury passenger ship Morro Castle for New Jersey catches fire, 133 die
- American luxury liner Morro Castle (11,500 tons) burns off New Jersey, killing 134. The ship is beyond repair.
- The Soviet Union joins the League of Nations.
- Bruno Richard Hauptmann is arrested in connection with the Lindbergh kidnapping case.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?