Wednesday 20 September 1961
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Take Good Care Of My Baby by Bobby Vee.
In UK Johnny Remember Me by John Leyton was in the top 5 hits.
Paris Blues, directed by Martin Ritt, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1961
while The Agony And The Ecstasy by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1961.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 September 1961!
Which were the important events of 20 September 1961 ?
- Lisa Bloom: American lawyer and television personality.
- Caroline Flint: English politician Minister of State for Europe.
- Becky Larson: LPGA golfer.
- Erwin Koeman: Soccer player (PSV, FC Groningen).
- After 84 1 / 3 innings Bill Fischer gives up a base on balls
- James Meredith refused access as a student in Mississippi
- Roger Maris hits home run # 59 and barely misses # 60 in game 154 of the season. Yanks clinch pennant #26
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1961 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobby Vee - Take Good Care Of My Baby
- The Highwaymen - Michael
- The Jive Five - My True Story
- Elvis Presley - (Marie's The Name) His Latest Flame
- Roy Orbison - Crying
- Does Your Chewing Gum Lose Its Flavor (On The Bedpost Over Night) - Lonnie Donegan and His Skiffle Group
- Johnny Tillotson - Without You
- Joe Dowell - Wooden Heart
- Bobby Lewis - One Track Mind
- The Dreamlovers - When We Get Married
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?