Tuesday 12 September 1961
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Michael by The Highwaymen.
In UK Johnny Remember Me by John Leyton was in the top 5 hits.
The City of the Dead, directed by John Moxey, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1961
while The Agony And The Ecstasy by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1961.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 September 1961!
Which were the important events of 12 September 1961 ?
- Also see September 12 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Maryland (United States) - Defenders Day
- Cape Verde - National Day
- Ethiopia - National Revolution Day (1974)
- RC Saints - Holy Name of Mary
- Mylène Farmer: Canadian-French singer-songwriter producer and actress.
- Mylene Farmer: French-Canadian singer known for putting on big extravaganza shows with her concert tours.
- Kathem Al Saher: Iraqi singer.
- Carl Hermann: German physicist and academic (d. 1961).
- NASA civilian pilot Joseph A Walker takes X-15 to 34,840 m
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1961 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Highwaymen - Michael
- Bobby Vee - Take Good Care Of My Baby
- The Jive Five - My True Story
- Timi Yuro - Hurt
- Ral Donner - You Don't Know What You've Got (Until You Lose It)
- Joe Dowell - Wooden Heart
- Does Your Chewing Gum Lose Its Flavor (On The Bedpost Over Night) - Lonnie Donegan and His Skiffle Group
- Barry Mann - Who Put The Bomp (In The Bomp, Bomp, Bomp)
- Elvis Presley - Little Sister
- Adam Wade - As If I Didn't Know
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?