Saturday 17 August 1940
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Foreign Correspondent, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 August 1940!
Which were the important events of 17 August 1940 ?
- Rastafarianism - celebration of the birth of Marcus Garvey
- Roman Empire - Portunalia in honor of Portunes
- ady Schmit: .
- Gabriella Farinon: Italian television announcer, television host and film actress.
- David E Price: (Rep-D-North Carolina).
- Thomas Williams: United States -- Ice hockey play (1960 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Eduardo Mignogna: Argentinian director and screenwriter (d. 2006).
- Barry Sheerman: English academic and politician
- Billy Fiske: American aviator (Born 1911).
- FDR and Canadian Prime Minister William M King agree to joint defense commission
- Greece mobilizes
- Hitler orders total blockade of Great-Britain
- US President Franklin Roosevelt and Canadian Prime Minister William King meet at Ogdensburg, New York for a conference on hemispheric defence. They announce a joint defence commission on North American defence.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 17 August 1940 and get them!