Tuesday 21 February 2012
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of February people in US were listening to Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You) by Kelly Clarkson.
Wanderlust, directed by David Wain, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2012
while The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2012.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 February 2012!
Which were the important events of 21 February 2012 ?
- Saint Pepin of Landen
- Language Martyrs' Day - A day celebrated by Bengali speaking people for gaining right of mother tongue.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Peter Damiani.
- Saint Randoald
- International Mother Language Day (UNESCO).
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 21 February
- Greek government debt crisis: Eurozone finance ministers reach an agreement on a second, €130-billion Greek bailout.
- 2011–2012 Syrian uprising:
- The bombardment of Homs in Syria continues for an 18th successive day, killing over 100 people. (Reuters)
- Syrian forces open fire on protesters in the capital Damascus. (Channel News Asia)
- US General John R. Allen, the head of the International Security Assistance Force in Afghanistan commissions an inquiry into allegations that Qurans were burnt at an American Air Force base as Afghans protest. (AP via Google News)
- Thailand sends an extradition request to Malaysia for one of the five Iranian nationals suspected of involvement in the bombings in Bangkok earlier this month. (Bernama)
- Rioting inmates take control of Indonesia's Kerobokan Prison on the island of Bali. (''Sydney Morning Herald'')
- The 2012 BRIT Awards for British popular music are held in O2 Arena in London with Adele, One Direction, Ed Sheeran and Coldplay among the winners. (BBC)
- A blast at a steel plant in Liaoning, northeastern China, kills 13 people and injures 17. (''Bangkok Post'')
- The speaker of the South Korean National Assembly is charged with bribery. (Yonhap)
- Voters in Yemen go to the polls for a presidential election with current Vice-President Abd Rabbuh Mansur al-Hadi the only candidate on the ballot paper. (''Wall Street Journal'')
- Burma lifts restrictions on election campaigning. (BBC)
- Palestinian prisoner Khader Adnan ends a 66-day hunger strike over his detention in a deal that will see him released in two months. (''Daily Star Lebanon'')
- Celebrations of Losar, the Tibetan Buddhist New Year, are cancelled in the People's Republic of China due to a wave of immolations. (''The Telegraph'')
- The President of Venezuela Hugo Chávez confirms that doctors in Cuba have found a lesion and he will have to undergo an operation. (BBC)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 2012 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?