Sunday 26 February 2012
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of February people in US were listening to Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You) by Kelly Clarkson.
Project X, directed by Nima Nourizadeh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2012
while The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 February 2012!
Which were the important events of 26 February 2012 ?
- Bah�'f Faith - February 26, Day 1 of Ayy�m-i-H� (Intercalary Days) - days in the Bah�'f calendar devoted to service and gift giving.
- Blessed Edigna
- Saint Mechtild (d. 1154)
- Blessed Leo of Furnes (d. 1163)
- Saint Victor
- Saint Alexander of Alexandria
- Saint Nestor (died 251)
- Liberation Day in Kuwait (1991).
- Nation of Islam - Savior's Day - commemoration of the birthdate of Wallace Fard Muhammad, believed to be Allah in human form, the saviour of the black race.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 26 February
- A mass suicide bomber kills at least two people outside a church in the Nigerian city of Jos. (BBC)
- France and Germany follow the United States and United Kingdom in withdrawing civilian staff from Afghan government facilities following the killing of two senior NATO officers. (BBC)
- Colombia's Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia or FARC announces that it has abandoned kidnapping and will soon release its last remaining captives. (AP via Newsday)
- 84th Academy Awards:
- The 84th Academy Awards are held at the Hollywood and Highland Center Theatre (formerly Kodak Theatre) in Hollywood, California. (NineMSN)
- ''The Artist'' wins five Academy Awards, including Best Picture, the first silent film to win such an award since ''Wings'' in 1927. (''Los Angeles Times'')
- ''A Separation'' wins the Best Foreign Language Film Award. (Tabnak)
- Chandra Bahadur Dangi is verified by Guinness World Records to be the world's shortest person ever, beating the record long held by Gul Mohammed. (CNN)
- Rupert Murdoch's News Corporation launches the ''The Sun on Sunday'' to replace the ''News of the World'', which closed due to a phone hacking controversy. (PA via ''Sydney Morning Herald'')
- A bus plunges off a cliff in Shanxi, China, killing 15 tourists. (AFP)
- A train derails in Burlington, Ontario, Canada killing at least three people and injuring 45. (CBC)
- A trial begins in Cairo of 16 Americans and 27 others linked to an Egyptian government crackdown on non-government organizations which has created tension between the United States and Egypt. (AP via Google)
- Two members of the Italian Marines accused of killing two Indian fishermen will be prosecuted under Indian law. (PTI via DNA India)
- Thousands of Chinese postings inundate U.S. president Barack Obama's Google+ page after restrictions are lifted in China. (Russia Today)
- 2011-2012 Russian protests: Thousands of Russians form a human chain around the centre of Moscow in protest against Vladimir Putin. (''Times of India'')
- Voters in Senegal go to the polls for the Senegalese presidential election which has been marked by violence. (Voice of America)
- Voters in Syria go to the polls for a referendum on a new constitution. (Reuters)
- Three thousand Malaysians protest a rare earth refinery being built by Australian miner Lynas. (AP via MSNBC)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 2012 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 26 February 2012 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?