Monday 6 November 2006
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of November people in US were listening to My Love by Justin Timberlake.
In UK Put Your Hands Up For Detroit by Fedde Le Grande was in the top 5 hits.
The Nude Vampire, directed by Jean Rollin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while A Series of Unfortunate Events #13: The End by Lemony Snicket was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 November 2006!
Which were the important events of 6 November 2006 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 06 November
- Somalian War: Heavy fighting has been reported between forces of Union of Islamic Courts and Puntland, the semi-autonomous region of Somalia. (Al Jazeera)
- Felipe Pérez Roque, the Foreign Minister of Cuba, backs away from earlier predictions that Fidel Castro would return as the President of Cuba by December raising concerns about the progress of Castro's recovery from intestinal surgery. (USA Today)
- The Iraqi government prepares a law that may see former Baath Party supporters restored to their former jobs. (ABC News)
- Tony Blair opposes the death penalty for Saddam Hussein but says the trial had reminded the world of Hussein's brutality. (CNN)
- Bombs explode at Mexico's Federal Electoral Tribunal, an opposition party's headquarters and a bank in the capital. (RTÉ News)
- Operation Autumn Clouds: A female Palestinian suicide bomber has blown herself up in a Gaza Strip town, killing herself and injuring an Israeli soldier, the Israeli army says. (BBC)
- Ariel Sharon is moved out of the intensive care unit at the Sheba Medical Center. (AP via Malaysia Star)
- Daniel Ortega has an early lead over Eduardo Montealegre, according to partial results from the general elections in Nicaragua. (CNN)
- The United Nations Climate Change Conference (COP-12) opens in Nairobi, Kenya. (UNFCCC)
- The legal challenge to President George W. Bush's ratification of the Deficit Reduction Act of 2005 (''Conyers v. Bush'') led by United States Congressman and member of the House Judiciary Committee John Conyers (together with ten other representatives of the House of Representatives) is dismissed due to lack of standing (ABC)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 6 November 2006 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?