Thursday 22 March 1934
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Crown of Thorns, directed by Robert Wiene, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 March 1934!
Which were the important events of 22 March 1934 ?
- Blessed Genta of Maaseik
- The fourth day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- World Water Day.
- Easter Sunday - 1818, 2285. In the Gregorian Calendar 22 March is the earliest date on which Easter Sunday can fall (25th April is the latest).
- Saint Octavian
- Saint Lea of Rome
- Saint Reinhilde of Ghent
- Sheila Cameron: English lawyer and judge.
- Larry Martyn: English comedy actor (d. 1994).
- Orrin G Hatch American politician (Senator-Republican-Utah: 1977-).
- Leslie Turnberg: President (Royal College of Physicians).
- Sheila Cameron Queen's Council: Vicar-General (Province of Canterbury).
- Orrin Hatch: American politician who was elected a Senator from Utah in 1976. He held office for 12 years, during which time he served in both the Budget and Judiciary Committees. Before his election in 1976, he had been practicing law for 13 years. He is married, a Mormon, and resides in Salt Lake City, Utah.
- May Britt: Movie Actress
- Theophilos Hatzimihail: Greek painter (Born 1870).
- 1st Masters golf championship began in Augusta, Georgia
- Fire destroys Hakodate, Japan (kills 1,500, injures 1,000).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 22 March 1934 and get them!