Wednesday 22 November 1967
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of November people in US were listening to Incense And Peppermints by Strawberry Alarm Clock.
In UK Baby Now That I've Found You by The Foundations was in the top 5 hits.
The Producers, directed by Mel Brooks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while The Confessions Of Nat Turner by William Styron was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1967.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 November 1967!
Which were the important events of 22 November 1967 ?
- R.C. Saints - Feast of Saint Cecilia
- Also see November 22 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Lebanon - Independence Day (from France, 1943)
- Family Day begins in 2005
- Astrology: usually the first day of sun sign Sagittarius
- Donald Hollas: Quarterback (Oakland Raiders).
- Quint Kessenich: American lacrosse player and sportscaster.
- Bart Veldkamp: Dutch-Belgian speed skater coach and sportscaster.
- Samuel Reynolds: American astrologer, teacher, and minister, he turned to the spiritual dimension early in life.
- Boris Becker: German tennis player, the youngest singles tennis champion of the century at age 17.
- Mark Ruffalo: American actor with boyish good looks. He landed a breakthrough role in 1997 in a Kenneth Lonergan play in New York, "This Is Our Youth" which led to his being cast in Lonergan's touching drama "You Can Count On Me" in 2000, playing opposite Laura Linney as her younger brother. Ruffalo won critical acclaim in both. He has gone on to other plays and movies.
- BBC unofficially bans "I am the Walrus" by The Beatles.
- Silver hits record US$2.17 an ounce in New York.
- UN Security Council Resolution 242 is adopted by the UN Security Council, establishing a set of the principles aimed at guiding negotiations for an Arab-Israeli peace settlement.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Strawberry Alarm Clock - Incense And Peppermints
- Lulu - To Sir With Love
- The Cowsills - The Rain, The Park & Other Things
- Sam & Dave - Soul Man
- The Monkees - Daydream Believer
- Bobby Vinton - Please Love Me Forever
- Dionne Warwick - I Say A Little Prayer
- Vikki Carr - It Must Be Him
- The Who - I Can See For Miles
- Soul Survivors - Expressway (To Your Heart)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?