Monday 6 November 1967
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Dennis Brown and Jackie Auzias de Turenne.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to To Sir With Love by Lulu.
In UK Baby Now That I've Found You by The Foundations was in the top 5 hits.
The Fearless Vampire Killers, directed by Roman Polanski, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while The Confessions Of Nat Turner by William Styron was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Titel, Thesen, Temperamente.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1967.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 November 1967!
Which were the important events of 6 November 1967 ?
- Dennis Brown: NFL defensive end (SF 49ers).
- Jackie Auzias de Turenne: Seattle, Washington -- WPVA volleyballer (National-17th-1995).
- Rebecca Schaeffer in Eugene: Oregon, USA; actress (Patti - My Sister Sam).
- Jana McCoy in Portales: New Mexico, USA; Miss New Mexico-America (1991).
- Emmanuelle Bercot: French actress and film director, she was awarded as best actress at the 2015 Cannes Festival for her role in "Mon Roi" (directed by Maïwenn).
- Shuzo Matsuoka: Tokyo, Japan -- Tennis star (1995 USTA / Binghampton)
- Rebecca Schaeffer: American actress (d. 1989)
- Fujiko Takimoto: Japanese voice actress
- Bridge at Annabaai crashes on Willemstad, Curacao, kills 15
- US launches Surveyor 6; makes soft landing on Moon November 9.
- The Rhodesian parliament passes pro-Apartheid laws.
- U.S. President Lyndon B. Johnson signs the Public Broadcasting Act of 1967, establishing the Corporation for Public Broadcasting.
- Carl B. Stokes is elected mayor of Cleveland, Ohio, becoming the first African American mayor of a major United States city.
- The 50th Anniversary of the Great October Socialist Revolution is celebrated in the Soviet Union.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Lulu - To Sir With Love
- Sam & Dave - Soul Man
- Vikki Carr - It Must Be Him
- Strawberry Alarm Clock - Incense And Peppermints
- Marvin Gaye - Your Precious Love
- The Cowsills - The Rain, The Park & Other Things
- Bobby Vinton - Please Love Me Forever
- Aretha Franklin - A Natural Woman (You Make Me Feel Like)
- Soul Survivors - Expressway (To Your Heart)
- The Association - Never My Love
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?