Wednesday 29 November 1967
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Marcus Muler and Sean Carlin.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Daydream Believer by The Monkees.
In UK Baby Now That I've Found You by The Foundations was in the top 5 hits.
The Producers, directed by Mel Brooks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while The Confessions Of Nat Turner by William Styron was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Le monde parallèle.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 November 1967!
Which were the important events of 29 November 1967 ?
- former Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia - Republic Day
- International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People
- Israel - Kaftet be-November (commemoration of the U.N. decision in 1947 to partition Palestine)
- Albania - Liberation Day (Dita e �lirimit)
- Brendan of Birr or Brendan the Younger
- Saint Cuthbert Mayne, martyr
- Feast days of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Saturnin
- Denis of the Nativity and Redemptus of the Cross
- Marcus Muler: WLAF adm assistant (Amsterdam Admirals).
- Sean Carlin: Australian hammer thrower (1992, 96 Olympics - 8th Place).
- Zbigniew Szewczyk: Polish footballer.
- Francisco Assis: Brazilian serial killer who seduced, raped and killed at least nine women in the last few months.
- British troops withdraw from Aden and South Yemen
- Robert McNamara elected President of World bank
- Vietnam War: U.S. Secretary of Defense Robert McNamara announces his resignation.
- Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto founds the Pakistan People's Party and becomes its first chairman. Today it is one of the major political parties in Pakistan (alongside the ''Pakistan Muslim League'') that is broken into many factions, bearing the same name under different leaders, such as the Pakistan's Peoples Party Parliamentarians (PPPP).
- The People's Republic of South Yemen becomes independent of the United Kingdom.
- U.S. Senator Eugene McCarthy announces his candidacy for the Democratic Party presidential nomination, challenging incumbent President Lyndon B. Johnson over the Vietnam War.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Monkees - Daydream Believer
- The Cowsills - The Rain, The Park & Other Things
- Strawberry Alarm Clock - Incense And Peppermints
- Lulu - To Sir With Love
- Dionne Warwick - I Say A Little Prayer
- Bobby Vinton - Please Love Me Forever
- Sam & Dave - Soul Man
- Gladys Knight & the Pips - I Heard It Through The Grapevine
- The Who - I Can See For Miles
- Victor Lundberg - An Open Letter To My Teenage Son
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?