Thursday 30 November 1967
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of November people in US were listening to Daydream Believer by The Monkees.
In UK Baby Now That I've Found You by The Foundations was in the top 5 hits.
The Producers, directed by Mel Brooks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while The Confessions Of Nat Turner by William Styron was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 November 1967!
Which were the important events of 30 November 1967 ?
- Cities for Life Day; 300 cities around the world declare their opposition to the death penalty
- Official End of the Hurricane Season
- Philippines - Andres Bonifacio Day
- R.C. Saints - Saint Andrew the apostle
- Also see November 30 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Barbados - Independence Day (from Britain, 1966)
- Joseph Corré: English fashion designer and businessman co-founded Agent Provocateur.
- Rajiv Dixit: Indian scientist and Swadeshi movement figure (Born 1967).
- Gary Jones: NFL safety (NY Jets).
- Margaret Platt: NYC, New York -- Golfer (1995 Healthsouth-9th).
- Patrick Kavanagh: Irish screenwriterr (Great Hunger).
- Julie Nixon and David Eisenhower announce their engagement
- Sen Eugene McCarthy begins run for US presidency
- Kuria Muria islands ceded by Britain to Oman.
- The People's Republic of South Yemen becomes independent from the United Kingdom.
- The Pakistan Peoples Party is founded by Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto who becomes its first Chairman later as the Head of state and Head of government after the 1971 Civil War.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Lulu - To Sir With Love
- The Monkees - Daydream Believer
- Strawberry Alarm Clock - Incense And Peppermints
- Gladys Knight & the Pips - I Heard It Through The Grapevine
- Sam & Dave - Soul Man
- The Cowsills - The Rain, The Park & Other Things
- Dionne Warwick - I Say A Little Prayer
- Bobby Vinton - Please Love Me Forever
- The Who - I Can See For Miles
- Victor Lundberg - An Open Letter To My Teenage Son
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 30 November 1967 and get them!