Friday 22 November 1963
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Helen Reale and Beppe Braida.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to I'm Leaving It Up To You by Dale & Grace.
In UK You'll Never Walk Alone by Gerry & The Pacemakers was in the top 5 hits.
High and Low, directed by Akira Kurosawa, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while The Living Reed by Pearl S. Buck was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 November 1963!
Which were the important events of 22 November 1963 ?
- R.C. Saints - Feast of Saint Cecilia
- Also see November 22 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Lebanon - Independence Day (from France, 1943)
- Family Day begins in 2005
- Astrology: usually the first day of sun sign Sagittarius
- Helen Reale: NYC, New York -- WPVA volleyballer (Manhattan Beach-7th - 1994).
- Beppe Braida: Italian comedian and television presenter.
- Winsor Harmon: American actor.
- Hugh Millen: American football player and sportscaster.
- Tony Mowbray: English footballer and manager.
- Kennedy Pola: Samoan-American football player and coach
- Brian Robbins: American actor director producer and screenwriter
- Corinne Russell: Birmingham, England -- Comedienne (Benny Hill Show)
- Aldous L Huxley: English Author (Devils of Loudon), dies at 69.
- Bikram Singh: Indies Lieutenant General (Kashmir).
- C[live] S[taples] Lewis [Hamilton]: Author (Silver Chair), dies at 64.
- Daulet Singh: Indies Lieutenant General.
- John F Kennedy: 35th President (1961-63), assassinated in Dallas at 46.
- NKD Nanavati: Indies General Major (WWII)
- William R Titterton: English Author (Candle of the Stars), dies at 87
- C S Lewis: Irish author (Born 1898)
- Wilhelm Beiglbock: Austrian physician (Born 1905)
- J D Tippit: American law enforcement officer (Born 1924)
- Aldous Huxley: British writer and novelist who is famed for his sophisticated and witty works. Two of his more famous works include "Point Counter Point," 1928 and "Brave New World," 1932.
- John Fitzgerald Kennedy, the 35th president of the United States, is assassinated while traveling through Dallas, Texas, in an open-top convertible. Lee Harvey Oswald is arrested for the murders of Kennedy and Officer J.D. Tippit. Vice President Lyndon Johnson is sworn in as the 36th president at 2:39 p.m.
- Beatles release their second album "With the Beatles" in the United Kingdom.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Dale & Grace - I'm Leaving It Up To You
- The Village Stompers - Washington Square
- Nino Tempo & April Stevens - Deep Purple
- Jimmy Gilmer - Sugar Shack
- The Impressions - It's All Right
- Lesley Gore - She's A Fool
- Tommy Roe - Everybody
- Elvis Presley - Bossa Nova Baby
- The Singing Nun - Dominique
- Los Indios Tabajaras - Maria Elena
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?