Which were the important events of Friday, 22 November 1963 ?
- R.C. Saints - Feast of Saint Cecilia
- Also see November 22 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Lebanon - Independence Day (from France, 1943)
- Family Day begins in 2005
- Astrology: usually the first day of sun sign Sagittarius
Famous People born
- John Fitzgerald Kennedy, the 35th president of the United States, is assassinated while traveling through Dallas, Texas, in an open-top convertible. Lee Harvey Oswald is arrested for the murders of Kennedy and Officer J.D. Tippit. Vice President Lyndon Johnson is sworn in as the 36th president at 2:39 p.m.
- Beatles release their second album "With the Beatles" in the United Kingdom.
: Birmingham, England -- Comedienne (Benny Hill Show)
: NYC, New York -- WPVA volleyballer (Manhattan Beach-7th - 1994)
: NFL quarterback (Denver Broncos)
Famous People died
Aldous L Huxley
: English Author (Devils of Loudon), dies at 69
: Indies Lieutenant General (Kashmir)
C[live] S[taples] Lewis [Hamilton]
: Author (Silver Chair), dies at 64
: Indies Lieutenant General
John F Kennedy
: 35th President (1961-63), assassinated in Dallas at 46
: Indies General Major (WWII)
William R Titterton
: English Author (Candle of the Stars), dies at 87