Friday 22 November 1963
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of November people in US were listening to I'm Leaving It Up To You by Dale & Grace.
In UK You'll Never Walk Alone by Gerry & The Pacemakers was in the top 5 hits.
High and Low, directed by Akira Kurosawa, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while The Living Reed by Pearl S. Buck was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Have a look at the old newspapers from 22 November 1963 and get them!
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 November 1963!
Which were the important events of 22 November 1963 ?
- R.C. Saints - Feast of Saint Cecilia
- Also see November 22 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Lebanon - Independence Day (from France, 1943)
- Family Day begins in 2005
- Astrology: usually the first day of sun sign Sagittarius
- Beppe Braida: Italian comedian and television presenter
- Winsor Harmon: American actor
- Hugh Millen: American football player and sportscaster
- Tony Mowbray: English footballer and manager
- Kennedy Pola: Samoan-American football player and coach
- Aldous Huxley: British writer and novelist who is famed for his sophisticated and witty works. Two of his more famous works include "Point Counter Point," 1928 and "Brave New World," 1932.
- Wilhelm Beiglbock: Austrian physician (Born 1905)
- J D Tippit: American law enforcement officer (Born 1924)
- C S Lewis: Irish author (Born 1898)
- Aldous L Huxley: English Author (Devils of Loudon), dies at 69
- Bikram Singh: Indies Lieutenant General (Kashmir)
- C[live] S[taples] Lewis [Hamilton]: Author (Silver Chair), dies at 64
- Daulet Singh: Indies Lieutenant General
- John F Kennedy: 35th President (1961-63), assassinated in Dallas at 46
- NKD Nanavati: Indies General Major (WWII)
- William R Titterton: English Author (Candle of the Stars), dies at 87
- John Fitzgerald Kennedy, the 35th president of the United States, is assassinated while traveling through Dallas, Texas, in an open-top convertible. Lee Harvey Oswald is arrested for the murders of Kennedy and Officer J.D. Tippit. Vice President Lyndon Johnson is sworn in as the 36th president at 2:39 p.m.
- Beatles release their second album "With the Beatles" in the United Kingdom.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Jimmy Gilmer - Sugar Shack
- The Singing Nun - Dominique
- Dale & Grace - I'm Leaving It Up To You
- Nino Tempo & April Stevens - Deep Purple
- The Village Stompers - Washington Square
- Tommy Roe - Everybody
- The Impressions - It's All Right
- Lesley Gore - She's A Fool
- Los Indios Tabajaras - Maria Elena
- Elvis Presley - Bossa Nova Baby
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 22 November 1963 and get them!