Monday 23 July 1956
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK I'll Be Home by Pat Boone was in the top 5 hits.
High Society, directed by Charles Walters, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while The Last Hurrah by Edwin O'Connor was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Armchair Theatre.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 July 1956!
Which were the important events of 23 July 1956 ?
- Egypt - Revolution Day (1952)
- St. Liborius
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 2 saints: St. Apollinaris
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the birthday of Haile Selassie
- Roman Empire - Neptunalia held in honor of Neptune
- Libya - Revolution Day
- Papua New Guinea - Remembrance Day
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 23 July
- Joe Cronin and Hank Greenberg inducted into Hall of Fame
- Bell X-2 rocket plane sets world aircraft speed record of 3,050 kph.
- The Loi Cadre is passed by the French Republic in order to order French overseas territory affairs.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Pat Boone - I'll Be Home
- Teenagers featuring Frankie Lymon - Why Do Fools Fall In Love
- Elvis Presley - Heartbreak Hotel
- All Star Hit Parade (EP) - Various Artists
- I'm Walking Backwards For Christmas / Bluebottle Blues - The Goons
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?