Thursday 23 March 1944
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Cover Girl, directed by Charles Vidor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1944.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 March 1944!
Which were the important events of 23 March 1944 ?
- Saint Rebecca (d.1914)
- Roman Empire - Tubilustrium was held in honor of Mars.
- Ancient Latvia - Lieldienas held in honor of Mara and other pagan goddesses.
- Pakistan - National Day (Republic Day).
- Saint Turibius of Mongrovejo (died 1606)
- Saint Ethelwald
- Saint Victorian
- Roman Empire - The fifth and final day of Quinquatria, held in honor of Minerva.
- B Gavrilov: Russian rugby player (d. 2006).
- Tony McPhee: English singer-songwriter and guitarist (The Groundhogs).
- Michael Nyman: English pianist and composer.
- Michael Nyman composer (Mesmer: Carrington).
- O C Wingate: British General-Major (Burma), dies in air crash.
- Nicholas Alkemade falls 5,500 m without a parachute and lives
- Bomb assassination against Southern Tirol congregation in Rome, 33 die.
- WWII: Members of the Italian Resistance attack Nazis marching in Via Rasella, killing 33.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1944 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- It's Love-Love-Love - Guy Lombardo & His Royal Canadians
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?