Saturday 23 November 1940
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Bank Dick, directed by Edward F. Cline, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1940.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 November 1940!
Which were the important events of 23 November 1940 ?
- Slovenia - Rudolf Maister Day
- Japan - Kinro kansha no hi (Labour Thanksgiving Day)
- Georgia - St George's Day
- R.C. Saints - Pope Clement I, Saint Columban
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Qawl (Speech) - First day of the 14th month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Luis Tiant: Cuba -- Baseball pitcher (Boston Red Sox, New York Yankees).
- Catherina van Rennes: Composer, dies at 82.
- 1st edition of illegal The Truth publishes
- Romania signs Driemogendheden pact
- SD arrested resistance fighter Bernard Iron wire
- World War II: Romania becomes a signatory of the Tripartite Pact, officially joining the Axis Powers.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1940 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Scrub Me, Mama, With a Boogie Beat - Will Bradley & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?