Thursday 28 November 1940
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Thief of Bagdad, directed by Ludwig Berger, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1940.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 November 1940!
Which were the important events of 28 November 1940 ?
- Also see November 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bah�'f Faith: Holy Day - Ascension of `Abdu'l-Bah�
- Episcopal Diocese of Hawaii: Feast of the Holy Sovereigns in honor of the founders of the Anglican Church of Hawaii
- Albania - Albanian Independence day (from Turkey, 1912); also known as Albanian Flag Day due to other National events that correspond to this day
- Mauritania - Independence Day (from France, 1960)
- R.C. Saints - Pope Gregory III
- Bruce Channel: American singer-songwriter.
- Paul Schell: Hungarian nobility (Schell von Bauschlott), married to German singer Hildegard Knef as her third and last husband.
- Clem Curtis: Rocker.
- Nicolae Iorga: Author / President of Romania, murdered by fascist.
- Cleveringa arrested by Nazis
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1940 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Scrub Me, Mama, With a Boogie Beat - Will Bradley & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?