Monday 25 November 1940
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Richard Furrer in Worgl and Jean-Claude Malgoire.
The Bank Dick, directed by Edward F. Cline, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 November 1940!
Which were the important events of 25 November 1940 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Catherine of Alexandria; Moses?
- Bosnia and Herzegovina: National Day (1943)
- Surinam - Independence Day (from the Netherlands, 1975)
- International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women
- Richard Furrer in Worgl: Germany; American astronaut (STS 22).
- Jean-Claude Malgoire: French conductor and oboist.
- Percy Sledge: African American pop singer widely known for his huge hit "When a man loves a woman".
- Richard Tillinghast: American poet, non-fiction writer, and teacher, he published his first book of poetry, "Sleep Watch," in 1969.
- Reinhard Furrer: Austrian-German physicist and astronaut (d. 1995).
- Joe Gibbs: American football player and coach
- Jan Jongbloed: Dutch footballer and coach
- Karl Offmann: Mauritian politician 3rd President of Mauritius
- Shyamal Sen: Indian jurist and politician 21st Governor of West Bengal
- Patria, carrying illegal immigrants, sinks in port of Haifa, 200 die
- World War II: First flight of the deHavilland Mosquito and Martin B-26 Marauder.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1940 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Scrub Me, Mama, With a Boogie Beat - Will Bradley & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?