Saturday 24 September 1955
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to The Yellow Rose Of Texas by Mitch Miller Orchestra & Chorus.
In UK Rose Marie by Slim Whitman was in the top 5 hits.
The Trouble with Harry, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while Something Of Value by Robert Ruark was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1955.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 September 1955!
Which were the important events of 24 September 1955 ?
- Riccardo Illy: Italian businessman and politician President of Friuli Venezia Giulia.
- Catch a Star closes at Plymouth Theater NYC after 23 performances
- President Eisenhower suffers a heart attack on vacation in Denver
- Washington Senators lose their 99th and 100th games of season
- US President Dwight Eisenhower suffers a heart attack on vacation in Denver, Colorado.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1955 ?
Top #6 songs in the USA
- The Shifting, Whispering Sands Part 1 & 2 - Billy Vaughn and His Orchestra
- Mitch Miller Orchestra & Chorus - The Yellow Rose Of Texas
- Pat Boone - Ain't That A Shame
- Roger Williams - Autumn Leaves
- Fontane Sisters - Seventeen
- Bill Haley and His Comets - (We're Gonna) Rock Around The Clock
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?