Sunday 25 September 1955
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to The Yellow Rose Of Texas by Mitch Miller Orchestra & Chorus.
In UK Rose Marie by Slim Whitman was in the top 5 hits.
The Trouble with Harry, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while The Man In The Gray Flannel Suit by Sloan Wilson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1955.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 September 1955!
Which were the important events of 25 September 1955 ?
- Also see September 25 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Virgin of Fuencisla; Saint Finbarr
- Mozambique - Armed Forces Day
- French Republican Calendar - Colchique (Crocus) Day, fourth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Steven Severin: English musician, composer, bassist and co-founding member of Siouxsie and the Banshees.
- Amyr Klynk: Brazilian adventurer, the first man to cross the Atlantic Ocean alone in a row boat.
- Adelmo "Zucchero" Fornaciari: Italian R&B-singer (Senza una Donna).
- Ludo Coeck: Belgian footballer (d. 1985).
- Zucchero Fornaciari: Italian singer-songwriter and guitarist.
- Amyr Klink: Brazilian sailor and explorer
- Luanne Rice: American author and activist
- Karl-Heinz Rummenigge: German footballer and manager
- Zucchero : Italian popular singer whose first album, 1983, topped the charts in Italy. In 1995 his "Spirito Divino" hit the No.1 spot. A rocker, he did a duet with Pavarotti.
- Detroit outfielder Al Kaline, 20, is youngest batting champ
- Patty Berg wins LPGA Clock Golf Open
- The Royal Jordanian Air Force is founded.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1955 ?
Top #6 songs in the USA
- The Shifting, Whispering Sands Part 1 & 2 - Billy Vaughn and His Orchestra
- Mitch Miller Orchestra & Chorus - The Yellow Rose Of Texas
- Pat Boone - Ain't That A Shame
- Roger Williams - Autumn Leaves
- Fontane Sisters - Seventeen
- Bill Haley and His Comets - (We're Gonna) Rock Around The Clock
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?