Friday 30 September 1955
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to The Yellow Rose Of Texas by Mitch Miller Orchestra & Chorus.
In UK Rose Marie by Slim Whitman was in the top 5 hits.
The Desperate Hours, directed by William Wyler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while The Man In The Gray Flannel Suit by Sloan Wilson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1955.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 September 1955!
Which were the important events of 30 September 1955 ?
- Spo TomT and Prfncipe - Agricultural Reform (Nationalization) Day
- September 30 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Translation Day
- Botswana - Independence Day (1966)
- RC Saints - Saint Jerome
- French Republican Calendar - Panais (Parsnip) Day, ninth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Jane Holland: English writer, elder daughter of actor and film director Richard Attenborough, died on 26 December 2004 in Andaman-Sumatra tsunami with her own daughter, Lucy.
- Andy Bechtolsheim: German engineer co-founded Sun Microsystems.
- Frankie Kennedy: Irish flute player (Altan) (d. 1994).
- Desmond Shawe-Taylor: English historian and academic.
- Film star James Dean dies in a road accident aged 24.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1955 ?
Top #6 songs in the USA
- The Shifting, Whispering Sands Part 1 & 2 - Billy Vaughn and His Orchestra
- Mitch Miller Orchestra & Chorus - The Yellow Rose Of Texas
- Pat Boone - Ain't That A Shame
- Roger Williams - Autumn Leaves
- Fontane Sisters - Seventeen
- Bill Haley and His Comets - (We're Gonna) Rock Around The Clock
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?