Sunday 24 September 1972
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Baby Don't Get Hooked On Me by Mac Davis.
In UK Mama Weer All Crazee Now by Slade was in the top 5 hits.
The Last House on the Left, directed by Wes Craven, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1972.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 September 1972!
Which were the important events of 24 September 1972 ?
- Jeff Hill: NFL wide receiver (Cin Bengals).
- Natacha Canoletti: Brazilian model who was first born of eight girls.
- Conor Burns: British Conservative politician.
- Kate Fleetwood: English actress.
- New York Jets' Joe Namath passes for six touchdowns versus Baltimore Colts (44-34).
- Antique F86 Sabrejet fails to takeoff at air show, kills 22.
- Jack Tatum, Oakland Raiders' player, returns a fumble 104 yards versus Green Bay Packers (record).
- An F-86 fighter aircraft leaving an air show at Sacramento Executive Airport fails to become airborne and crashes into a Farrell's Ice Cream Parlor, killing 12 children and 11 adults.ref name=quottitleCrash at Farrellsquot
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Mac Davis - Baby Don't Get Hooked On Me
- Three Dog Night - Black & White
- Chicago - Saturday In The Park
- The O'Jays - Back Stabbers
- Gilbert O'Sullivan - Alone Again (Naturally)
- Michael Jackson - Ben
- The Main Ingredient - Everybody Plays The Fool
- Elton John - Honky Cat
- Raspberries - Go All The Way
- Gary Glitter - Rock And Roll (Part 2)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?