Saturday 2 September 1972
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Alone Again (Naturally) by Gilbert O'Sullivan.
In UK School's Out by Alice Cooper was in the top 5 hits.
The Last House on the Left, directed by Wes Craven, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1972.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 September 1972!
Which were the important events of 2 September 1972 ?
- Mauritius - Ganesh Chaturthi
- Also see September 2 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Sophia
- Sedan Day (Sedantag) - traditional national German holiday (see Sedan, France) that commemorates Prussia's victory over France in 1870, making the German Empire a reality.
- Transnistria - Independence day, note Transnistria is not an internationally recognized independent state
- Vietnam - National Day (independence from France, 1945)
- James Willis: NFL linebacker (Philadelphia Eagles).
- Katarina Studenikova: Bratislava, Slovak Republic -- Tennis star.
- Matthew Dunn: Australian swimmer.
- Chink Santana: Music Producer.
- Robert Coles: English professional golfer.
- Renate Stecher runs 100m European female record (11.07 seconds)
- Chicago White Sox player Milt Pappas no-hits San Diego Padres, 1-0.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Gilbert O'Sullivan - Alone Again (Naturally)
- The Hollies - Long Cool Woman (In A Black Dress)
- Al Green - I'm Still In Love With You
- Looking Glass - Brandy (You're A Fine Girl)
- Argent - Hold Your Head Up
- Mac Davis - Baby Don't Get Hooked On Me
- Carpenters - Goodbye To Love
- Jim Croce - You Don't Mess Around With Jim
- Gary Glitter - Rock And Roll (Part 2)
- The O'Jays - Back Stabbers
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?