Wednesday 13 September 1972
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Black & White by Three Dog Night.
In UK Mama Weer All Crazee Now by Slade was in the top 5 hits.
The Last House on the Left, directed by Wes Craven, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 September 1972!
Which were the important events of 13 September 1972 ?
- 1999 - Lunar nuclear waste dump explodes, sending the Moon hurtling into deep space in Space: 1999
- RC Saints - St John Chrysostom
- Roman festivals - epulum Iovis: banquet of Jupiter, on the ides during the Ludi Romani
- 2000 - Second Impact in Neon Genesis Evangelion
- Also see September 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Douglas Neff: American accident victim, killed when his car was struck on Easter Sunday, 4/23/2000, Sandwich, Massachusetts.
- 1st TV broadcast of Waltons on CBS
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Gilbert O'Sullivan - Alone Again (Naturally)
- Mac Davis - Baby Don't Get Hooked On Me
- Looking Glass - Brandy (You're A Fine Girl)
- Three Dog Night - Black & White
- The Hollies - Long Cool Woman (In A Black Dress)
- Al Green - I'm Still In Love With You
- Chicago - Saturday In The Park
- The O'Jays - Back Stabbers
- Gary Glitter - Rock And Roll (Part 2)
- Elton John - Honky Cat
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 13 September 1972 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?