Monday 11 September 1972
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Black & White by Three Dog Night.
In UK Mama Weer All Crazee Now by Slade was in the top 5 hits.
The Last House on the Left, directed by Wes Craven, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1972.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 September 1972!
Which were the important events of 11 September 1972 ?
- Kip Simons: Media, Pennsylvania -- Gymnast (1996 Olympics - 5th Place).
- Mark Pope: NBA forward (Indiana Pacers).
- Matthew Gilmore: Belgian cyclist.
- Max Fleischer: Austrian-American animator and producer (d. 1972).
- BART begins service with a 26-mi (42-km) line from Oakland to Fremont
- Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART) in San Francisco, California begins service with a 26-mile (42-km) line from Oakland to Fremont.
- The San Francisco Bay Area Rapid Transit system has its opening day of passenger service.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Three Dog Night - Black & White
- Mac Davis - Baby Don't Get Hooked On Me
- Gilbert O'Sullivan - Alone Again (Naturally)
- Chicago - Saturday In The Park
- The O'Jays - Back Stabbers
- The Hollies - Long Cool Woman (In A Black Dress)
- Gary Glitter - Rock And Roll (Part 2)
- Looking Glass - Brandy (You're A Fine Girl)
- Elton John - Honky Cat
- Al Green - I'm Still In Love With You
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?