Monday 18 September 1972
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Baby Don't Get Hooked On Me by Mac Davis.
In UK Mama Weer All Crazee Now by Slade was in the top 5 hits.
The Last House on the Left, directed by Wes Craven, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 September 1972!
Which were the important events of 18 September 1972 ?
- Also see September 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Chile - Independence Day (first junta 1810)
- RC Saints - Feast day of St Joseph of Cupertino and Methodius of Olympus
- In ancient Greece, the fifth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries.
- Richard Huntley: NFL running back (Atlanta Falcons).
- Adam Cohen: Canadian singer-songwriter and guitarist (Low Millions).
- David Jefferies: British motorcycle racer (Born 1972).
- Michael Landes: American actor and producer.
- Iain Stewart: Scottish accountant and politician.
- Brigitte Becue: Belgian swimming champion who holds three Belgian records and was a double European champion in 1995. At the Atlanta Olympics, 1996, she placed 8th in the 10 meter breast stroke, 7th in the 200 meter breast stroke and 17th in the 200 meter individual medley.
- 1st black NL umpire (Art Williams-Los Angeles vs. San Diego)
- São Paulo Metro is inaugurated in Brazil.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Gilbert O'Sullivan - Alone Again (Naturally)
- Mac Davis - Baby Don't Get Hooked On Me
- Michael Jackson - Ben
- Three Dog Night - Black & White
- Chicago - Saturday In The Park
- The O'Jays - Back Stabbers
- The Main Ingredient - Everybody Plays The Fool
- Raspberries - Go All The Way
- Gary Glitter - Rock And Roll (Part 2)
- Elton John - Honky Cat
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 18 September 1972 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?