Sunday 26 February 1950
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Stage Fright, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Parasites by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1950.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 February 1950!
Which were the important events of 26 February 1950 ?
- Bah�'f Faith - February 26, Day 1 of Ayy�m-i-H� (Intercalary Days) - days in the Bah�'f calendar devoted to service and gift giving.
- Blessed Edigna
- Saint Mechtild (d. 1154)
- Blessed Leo of Furnes (d. 1163)
- Saint Victor
- Saint Alexander of Alexandria
- Saint Nestor (died 251)
- Liberation Day in Kuwait (1991).
- Nation of Islam - Savior's Day - commemoration of the birthdate of Wallace Fard Muhammad, believed to be Allah in human form, the saviour of the black race.
- Jonathan Cain in Chicago: Illinois, USA; rock guitarist/keyboardist (Journey, Bad English, Babys).
- Helen Clark: New Zealand politician, the new Prime Minister at the beginning of the millennium.
- Bill Ritter: American journalist, news correspondent on ABC News out of New York and 20/20 and investigative reporter.
- James Bertelsen: St Paul sports Champions.
- Ott Arder: Estonian poet and author (d. 2004).
- Jonathan Cain: American singer-songwriter keyboard player and producer (Journey The Babys and Bad English)
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1950 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Chattanoogie Shoe Shine Boy - Frank Sinatra
- Mills Brothers - Daddy's Little Girl
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?