Sunday 27 November 2011
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of November people in US were listening to We Found Love by Rihanna.
Immortals, directed by Tarsem Singh Dhandwar, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Cabin Fever by Jeff Kinne was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 November 2011!
Which were the important events of 27 November 2011 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 27 November
- The cargo ship MV ''Swanland'' founders in the Irish Sea two of her eight crew members are rescued. (BBC)
- In Canada, Chinook windstorms tear through Alberta and Saskatchewan, producing a dust storm in downtown Calgary and causing millions of dollars in damage. The windstorms fuel a grass fire that grows to two kilometres wide near Lethbridge, Alberta, before being contained, and gusts reach a maximum speed of . (''Metro News'')
- The Arab League approves sanctions against Syria amid the nation's ongoing violent uprising. The Syrian government calls the League's move ampquotan unprecedented measureampquot. (''The Telegraph'')
- In Canadian football, the BC Lions defeat the Winnipeg Blue Bombers 34–23 to win the 99th Grey Cup. (''Vancouver Sun'')
- Gary Speed, the manager of the Welsh national football team, is found dead at his home in Cheshire, England, having apparently committed suicide. (BBC)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 27 November 2011 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?