Thursday 27 May 1965
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jacob Brumfield in Bogalusa and Todd Bridges in San Francisco.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Help Me, Rhonda by The Beach Boys.
In UK Ticket To Ride by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
Shenandoah, directed by Andrew V. McLaglen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while Up The Down Staircase by Bel Kaufman was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Meine Melodie.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 May 1965!
Which were the important events of 27 May 1965 ?
- Mother's Day in Bolivia (Dfa de la Madre)
- Bruno, Bishop of Wnrzburg
- Pope John I
- Saint Julius the Veteran
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Venerable Bede
- Lag Ba'omer in Judaism (2005)
- Children's Day in Nigeria
- Jacob Brumfield in Bogalusa: Louisiana, USA; outfielder (Toronto Blue Jays).
- Todd Bridges in San Francisco: California, USA; actor (Diff'rent Strokes, Fish).
- Todd Bridges: American actor, a TV child star on the series "Different Strokes" until 1986.
- Emanuele Crialese: Italian screenwriter and film director who studied filmmaking in New York City.
- Pat Cash: Australian-English tennis player and sportscaster.
- Inter Milan wins 10th Europe Cup 1 in Milan, Italy.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 27 May 1965
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beach Boys - Help Me, Rhonda
- The Beatles - Ticket To Ride
- The Supremes - Back In My Arms Again
- Herman's Hermits - Mrs. Brown You've Got A Lovely Daughter
- Sam the Sham and the Pharaohs - Wooly Bully
- Elvis Presley - Crying In The Chapel
- Gary Lewis and the Playboys - Count Me In
- The Seekers - I'll Never Find Another You
- The Beau Brummels - Just A Little
- Tom Jones - It's Not Unusual
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?