Tuesday 11 May 1965
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Stefano Domenicali and Monsour del Rosario.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Mrs. Brown You've Got A Lovely Daughter by Herman's Hermits.
In UK Ticket To Ride by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
The Pawnbroker, directed by Sidney Lumet, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while Up The Down Staircase by Bel Kaufman was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Die Unverbesserlichen.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 May 1965!
Which were the important events of 11 May 1965 ?
- Saint Francis of Girolamo
- Saint Estella
- Holiday of the City of Miskolc (since 1992).
- Saint Odilo of Cluny
- Saint Majolus of Cluny
- Saint James Walworth
- Blessed John Rochester
- Saint Bertilla
- Saint Gengou Gangulphus
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Mamertus, first of the Ice Saints
- Roman Empire - Feast of the Lemures (See Larvae).
- Saint Gauthier of Esterp
- Stefano Domenicali: Italian Formula One team principal (Ferrari).
- Monsour del Rosario: Filipino martial artist and actor.
- Greg Dulli: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (The Twilight Singers The Afghan Whigs and The Gutter Twins).
- Flora, the Red Menace opens at Alvin Theater NYC for 87 performances
- 1st of 2 cyclones in less than a month kills 35,000 (India)
- Bangladesh windstorm kills 17,000
- Ellis Island added to Statue of Liberty National monument.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 11 May 1965
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Herman's Hermits - Mrs. Brown You've Got A Lovely Daughter
- Gary Lewis and the Playboys - Count Me In
- The Beatles - Ticket To Ride
- The Seekers - I'll Never Find Another You
- Herman's Hermits - Silhouettes
- The Beach Boys - Help Me, Rhonda
- Petula Clark - I Know A Place
- Marvin Gaye - I'll Be Doggone
- The Righteous Brothers - Just Once In My Life
- Sam the Sham and the Pharaohs - Wooly Bully
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?