Friday 21 May 1965
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of May people in US were listening to Ticket To Ride by The Beatles.
In UK Ticket To Ride by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
Mirage, directed by Edward Dmytryk, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while Up The Down Staircase by Bel Kaufman was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 May 1965!
Which were the important events of 21 May 1965 ?
- Saint Constantine the Great
- Saints Constantine and Helena
- Saint Mireille
- Saint Charles-EugFne de Mazenod
- Dia de la Afrocolombianidad marks the abolition of slavery in Colombia.
- Navy Day (Dfa de las Glorias Navales) in Chile.
- Saint Goderik
- Maya Kaimal: American photography editor turned cookbook writer, she is the child of an American mother and Indian father from Kerala, in southwestern India.
- Josh Richman: American actor and producer.
- Geoffrey de Havilland: English pilot and engineer founded the de Havilland Aircraft Company (d. 1965).
- US Senator Alan Bible of Nevada introduces a bill that would give the Treasury Secretary the power to dictate what coins could be traded at a premium. It would also prohibit exportation of US coins, prohibit the melting of silver coins by unauthorized persons, outlaw unreasonable hoarding of coins, and outlaw buying or selling non-rare coins at more than face value.
- The largest teach-in to date begins at Berkeley, California, attended by 30,000.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Herman's Hermits - Mrs. Brown You've Got A Lovely Daughter
- The Beach Boys - Help Me, Rhonda
- The Beatles - Ticket To Ride
- The Supremes - Back In My Arms Again
- Sam the Sham and the Pharaohs - Wooly Bully
- Gary Lewis and the Playboys - Count Me In
- Elvis Presley - Crying In The Chapel
- The Seekers - I'll Never Find Another You
- Herman's Hermits - Silhouettes
- The Righteous Brothers - Just Once In My Life
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?