Tuesday 27 October 1964
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Baby Love by The Supremes.
In UK Oh Pretty Woman by Roy Orbison was in the top 5 hits.
The Naked Kiss, directed by Samuel Fuller, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Rector Of Justin by Louis Auchincloss was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1964.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 October 1964!
Which were the important events of 27 October 1964 ?
- St. Namatius
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines - Independence Day (from Britain, 1979)
- Turkmenistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- St. Desiderius
- R.C. saints - October 27th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Abraham the Poor
- St. Vincent, Sabina, & Christeta
- St. Capitolina
- St. Odhran
- St. Elesbaan
- St. Florentius
- St. Frumentius, the saint who introduced Christianity into Ethiopia.
- St. Gaudiosus
- St. Abban of Murnevin
- Jill Hetherington: Brampton, Ontario -- Tennis player (1996 Olympics).
- Mary Meagher-Plant: 100m butterfly swimmer (1984, 88 Olympics - 3 Gold / Silver / Bronze Medals).
- Malek Boutih: French politician.
- Mary Meagher: American swimmer and champion butterfly record holder.
- Mark Taylor: Australian test cricket captain (1994-1999).
- Ian Wells: English footballer (d. 2013)
- Ben Franklin in Paris opens at Lunt Fontanne NYC for 215 performances
- Congo rebel leader Christopher Gbenye holds 60 Americans / 800 Belgians
- Singers Sonny and Cher wed, Cher wore bell-bottoms
- Ronald Reagan delivers a speech on behalf of Republican candidate for president, Barry Goldwater. The speech launched his political career and came to be known as ''A Time for Choosing''.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Supremes - Baby Love
- Manfred Mann - Do Wah Diddy Diddy
- J. Frank Wilson and the Cavaliers - Last Kiss
- Gale Garnett - We'll Sing In The Sunshine
- Martha & the Vandellas - Dancing In The Street
- Betty Everett - Let It Be Me
- The Honeycombs - Have I The Right?
- Roy Orbison - Oh, Pretty Woman
- The Hondells - Little Honda
- Roger Miller - Chug-A-Lug
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?