Tuesday 20 October 1964
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Do Wah Diddy Diddy by Manfred Mann.
In UK Oh Pretty Woman by Roy Orbison was in the top 5 hits.
My Fair Lady, directed by George Cukor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Spy Who Came In From The Cold by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1964.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 October 1964!
Which were the important events of 20 October 1964 ?
- October 20 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bah�'f Faith - Holy Day - the B�b
- French Republican Calendar - Orge (Barley) Day, twenty-ninth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Mark Lépine: Canadian son of an Algerian father and French mother, Rachid Liass Gharbi and Monique LePine.
- Kamala Harris: American lawyer and politician 32nd Attorney General of California.
- Tomoko Yamaguchi: Japanese actress and singer.
- Golden Boy opens at Majestic Theater NYC for 569 performances
- Mad Dog Vachon beats Verne Gagne in Minneapolis, to become NWA champ
- Riot at Rolling Stones show in Paris, France (150 arrested).
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Manfred Mann - Do Wah Diddy Diddy
- Martha & the Vandellas - Dancing In The Street
- J. Frank Wilson and the Cavaliers - Last Kiss
- Gale Garnett - We'll Sing In The Sunshine
- Roy Orbison - Oh, Pretty Woman
- The Supremes - Baby Love
- Chad Stuart and Jeremy Clyde - A Summer Song
- Betty Everett - Let It Be Me
- The Beach Boys - When I Grow Up (To Be A Man)
- The Honeycombs - Have I The Right?
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?