Tuesday 6 October 1964
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Thomas "Tom" Hunter and Ricky Berry.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Oh, Pretty Woman by Roy Orbison.
In UK You Really Got Me by The Kinks was in the top 5 hits.
Cheyenne Autumn, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Rector Of Justin by Louis Auchincloss was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Vergißmeinnicht.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 October 1964!
Which were the important events of 6 October 1964 ?
- Judaism - Fast of Gedalia (2005)
- Egypt - National Day or Victory Day; celebrates the results of the October war in 1973
- U.S. - German-American Day observed since 1987; Mad Hatter Day
- French Republican Calendar - �ne (Donkey) Day, fifteenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Ireland - Ivy Day, formerly honoring the Irish revolutionary Padraig Pearse, commemmorates the death of Charles Stewart Parnell.
- Also see October 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Bruno, St Faith
- Thomas "Tom" Hunter: US 50M FREESTYLE swimmer (world record).
- Ricky Berry: American basketball player (Born 1964).
- Mark Field: German-English lawyer and politician.
- Tom Jager: American swimmer and coach.
- Miltos Manetas: Greek painter.
- Knut Storberget: Norwegian lawyer and politician Norwegian Minister of Justice
- Matthew Sweet: American singer-songwriter guitarist and producer (Community Trolls Oh-OK and The Thorns)
- Richard Scheibe: German Sculptor (Adler mit Hakenkreuz), dies at 85.
- Cambridge Circus opens at Plymouth Theater NYC for 23 performances
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Roy Orbison - Oh, Pretty Woman
- Manfred Mann - Do Wah Diddy Diddy
- Martha & the Vandellas - Dancing In The Street
- The Newbeats - Bread And Butter
- The Shangri-Las - Remember (Walkin' In The Sand)
- Gale Garnett - We'll Sing In The Sunshine
- Gene Pitney - It Hurts To Be In Love
- Ronny & The Daytonas - G.T.O.
- J. Frank Wilson and the Cavaliers - Last Kiss
- Chad Stuart and Jeremy Clyde - A Summer Song
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?