Thursday 28 December 1939
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Hunchback of Notre Dame, directed by William Dieterle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1939.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 December 1939!
Which were the important events of 28 December 1939 ?
- The third day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- Calendar of Saints - Feast of the Holy Innocents, a.k.a. Childermas, commemorating the Massacre of the Innocents on order of king Herod the Great. In Spain and Latin American countries the festival is celebrated in a manner similar to April Fool's Day.
- Philip Anschutz: American businessman founded Anschutz Entertainment Group.
- Michael Hinz: German actor (d. 2008).
- Gloria Manon: Actress (Poker Alice, Mad Room), dies of cancer at 69.
- Frank McLintock: Scottish footballer and manager.
- Michelle Urry: American journalist and illustrator (d. 2006).
- Karrer : Swiss astrologer, photographer and author.
- Yehoram Gaon: Israeli singer, actor, director, producer, TV and radio host, and public figure. He has also written and edited books on Israeli culture.
- The Consolidated B-24 Liberator bomber prototype first flies.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1939 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Chatter Box - Kay Kyser & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?