Monday 18 December 1939
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Of Mice and Men, directed by Lewis Milestone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1939.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 December 1939!
Which were the important events of 18 December 1939 ?
- Roman festivals - Feast of Epona (during Saturnalia)
- R.C. Saints - Gatianus of Tours
- Also see December 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Niger - Republic Day (autonomous in 1958)
- Greek Orthodox Church ? Feast of Sebastian the Martyr
- Michael Moorcock: English author and songwriter.
- Harold Varmus: American biologist and academic Nobel Prize laureate.
- Christoffel "Stoffel": van de Merwe; South Africa Minister of Education.
- Henrica M L "Wiesje" Backer: Dutch dancer / actress / playwright.
- Michael J Moorcock: England, United Kingdom -- Sci-fi author (Alien Heat, Bull & Spear).
- Matthew Brown: Journalist, dies at 51.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1939 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- All the Things You Are - Tommy Dorsey & His Orchestra
- Faithful Forever - Glenn Miller & His Orchestra
- In an Old Dutch Garden (By an Old Dutch Mill) - Dick Jurgens & His Orchestra
- Bluebirds in the Moonlight - Dick Jurgens & His Orchestra
- Erskine Hawkins & His Orchestra - Tuxedo Junction
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?