Thursday 21 December 1939
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Of Mice and Men, directed by Lewis Milestone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 December 1939!
Which were the important events of 21 December 1939 ?
- Roman festivals - Divalia in honour of Angerona
- R.C. Saints - Saint Petrus Canisius ; formerly feast day of Thomas the apostle
- Also see December 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- The summer solstice (Southern Hemisphere) or winter solstice (Northern Hemisphere), sometimes known as Yule, occurs on or very close to this date. It is an important festival in the Chinese calendar.
- Lloyd Axworthy: Canadian academic and politician 2nd Canadian Minister of Foreign Affairs.
- Wafic Saïd: Syrian-Monacan businessman and philanthropist.
- John Roe: American merchandise marketer and CEO of Bemis, a packaging company.
- Hitler named Adolf Eichmann leader of Referat IV B
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1939 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- All the Things You Are - Tommy Dorsey & His Orchestra
- Faithful Forever - Glenn Miller & His Orchestra
- In an Old Dutch Garden (By an Old Dutch Mill) - Dick Jurgens & His Orchestra
- Bluebirds in the Moonlight - Dick Jurgens & His Orchestra
- Erskine Hawkins & His Orchestra - Tuxedo Junction
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 21 December 1939 and get them!