Monday 28 October 1940
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Mark of Zorro, directed by Rouben Mamoulian, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1940.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 October 1940!
Which were the important events of 28 October 1940 ?
- St. Anastasia II
- St. Remigius
- Greece - Oxi (No) Day
- Czechoslovakia - gains its independence from Austria-Hungary (1918); Holiday in the Czech Republic, Remembrance Day in Slovakia.
- Also see October 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Salvius
- St. Abraham
- R.C. Saints - October 28th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Saint Jude (a.k.a Saint Thaddaeus or "of James")
- St. Eadsin
- St. Simon the Zealot (erroneously a.k.a. "the Canaanite")
- St. John Dat
- St. Anglinus
- St. Ferrutius
- St. Fidelis of Como
- Saint Godwin
- St. Honoratus of Vercelli
- Don Newman: Canadian Senior CBC parliamentary correspondent.
- Susan Harris: American television writer and producer.
- Danièle Sallenave: French novelist, journalist and professor of literature.
- Gennadi Mikhailovich Strekalov: Cosmo (Soyuz T-3, T-8, T-11, TM-21).
- Meeting between Hitler and Mussolini in Florence
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?