Sunday 2 June 1974
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of June people in US were listening to The Streak by Ray Stevens.
In UK Sugar Baby Love by The Rubettes was in the top 5 hits.
Thriller: A Cruel Picture, directed by Alex Fridolinski, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while Watership Down by Richard Adams was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1974.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 June 1974!
Which were the important events of 2 June 1974 ?
- Italy's Festa della Repubblica (Republic Day), which commemorates the birth of the Repubblica Italiana and the end of the monarchy.
- Shavuoth (Judaism) (2006).
- Xenia name day in Slovakia.
- The Greek Orthodox Church commemorates Saint Nicephorus' death - see also March 13.
- Tammy Holmes: Berkeley, California -- Female outfielder (Colo Silver Bullets).
- Raphaël Imbert: French jazz saxophonist, bandleader, composer and music teacher.
- Gata Kamsky: Russian-American chess player.
- Raiko Pachel: Estonian swimmer.
- Matt Serra: American mixed martial artist.
- Judy Rankin wins LPGA Baltimore Golf Classic
- Mali adopts constitution
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Ray Stevens - The Streak
- Paul McCartney - Band On The Run
- Jackson 5 - Dancing Machine
- The Stylistics - You Make Me Feel Brand New
- Marvin Hamlisch - The Entertainer
- Maria Muldaur - Midnight At The Oasis
- Gordon Lightfoot - Sundown
- Joni Mitchell - Help Me
- Bo Donaldson & The Heywoods - Billy, Don't Be A Hero
- Cat Stevens - Oh Very Young
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?