Tuesday 29 December 1936
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
After the Thin Man, directed by W.S. Van Dyke, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1936.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 December 1936!
Which were the important events of 29 December 1936 ?
- The fourth day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- R.C. Saints - Thomas Becket (optional memorial)
- Pierre Hanon: Belgium sport Champion.
- Raymond Nitschke: Elmwood Park sports Champions.
- Vitaly Alexeyevich Godzyatsky: Composer.
- Mary Tyler Moore in Brooklyn: New York, USA; actress (Mary Tyler Moore, Ordinary People).
- Mary Moore: American actress and TV executive.
- Ray Nitschke: American football star, a linebacker for the Green Bay Packers under Coach Vince Lombardi. A Hall of Fame legend, he was a member of teams which won five NFL titles including the first two Super Bowls and was a member of the NFL's 75th All-Time Team.
- The United Auto Workers begins the Flint Sit-Down Strike in Flint, Michigan.
- West China Famine: five million die.
- Ipswich Town Football Club turns professional.
- The YMCA Youth and Government program is founded in Albany, New York.
- Mordecai Ham begins his radio ministry.
- Stress is first recognised as a medical condition.
- Polaroid sunglasses and Ambre Solaire sunblock both first marketed.
- Cocoa production in the Gold Coast reaches 305,000 tons.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1936 ?
Top #6 songs in the USA
- There's Something in the Air - Shep Fields & His Rippling Rhythm Orchestra
- The Night is Young and You're So Beautiful - George Hall & His Orchestra
- Serenade in the Night - Mantovani & His Orchestra
- Jeanette MacDonald & Nelson Eddy - Indian Love Call
- T'aint Good (Like a Nickel Made of Wood) - Fats Waller
- Goodnight, My Love - Hal Kemp & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?