Friday 18 December 1936
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Malcolm Kirk .
After the Thin Man, directed by W.S. Van Dyke, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
On TV people were watching Sea Stories.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 December 1936!
Which were the important events of 18 December 1936 ?
- Roman festivals - Feast of Epona (during Saturnalia)
- R.C. Saints - Gatianus of Tours
- Also see December 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Niger - Republic Day (autonomous in 1958)
- Greek Orthodox Church ? Feast of Sebastian the Martyr
- Malcolm Kirk: English rugby player and wrestler (d. 1987).
- Andrija Mohorovicic: Austro-Hungarian-born Croatian seismologist (Born 1857).
- 1st giant panda imported into US
- Su-Lin, 1st giant panda to come to US from China, arrives in San Francisco
- Su-Lin, first giant panda to come to US from China, arrives in San Francisco.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1936 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- When My Dream Boat Comes Home - Guy Lombardo & His Royal Canadians
- I'm in a Dancing Mood - Russ Morgan & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?