Sunday 30 April 1933
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Devil's Brother, directed by Hal Roach, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1933.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 April 1933!
Which were the important events of 30 April 1933 ?
- Sweden - Birthday of King Carl XVI Gustav, an official flag day.
- Mexico - Children's Day.
- The Netherlands - Queen's Day.
- Saint Pope Pius V
- LaVeyan Satanism - Walpurgisnacht, or Walpurgis Night, as noted in The Satanic Bible.
- Saint Eutropius
- Saint Maximus, 3rd century martyr
- Saint Marianus and James, martyrs in Numidia in 259
- Scandinavia - The arrival of spring, Walpurgis Night.
- Saint Joseph Benedict Cottolengo
- Roman Empire - third day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Blessed Hildegard
- Blessed Radolf of Affligem
- Blessed Rosemonde
- Vietnam - Liberation Day.
- Bealtaine Eve (From either Irish Bealtaine or Scottish Gaelic). Originally a Celtic Druid holiday.
- Saint Suitbert the Younger (d. 807)
- Adriana Asti: Italian theatre, film and voice actress.
- James Preston: American merchandise marketer and CEO of Avon Products, a cosmetic and body care manufacturing retailer of giant door-to-door sales.
- Willie Nelson: American singer, songwriter and actor who has done over 200 albums, a dozen movies and numerous TV specials.
- Willie Nelson in Abbott: Texas, USA; country singer ("On the Road Again").
- Vittorio Merloni: Italian entrepreneur, industrialist and manufacturer of domestic equipment such as refrigerators, stoves and many other items.
- Dickie Davies: British television presenter
- Charles Sanderson: Baron Sanderson of Bowden English politician
- Serge Bellanger: French businessman, a longtime President of the French-American Chamber of Commerce (FACC) and a leader in the French-American business community.
- Luis Sanchez Cerro: President of Peru, assassinated by Hurtado de Mendoza.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?