Tuesday 4 April 1933
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Three Musketeers, directed by Colbert Clark, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 April 1933!
Which were the important events of 4 April 1933 ?
- Blessed Alice (d. 1105)
- Saint Hildebert of Ghent (died 752)
- Lesotho - Heroes' Day
- Taiwan and Hong Kong - Children's Day
- United States - Bonza Bottler Day.
- World Rat Day
- Saint Isidore of Seville, patron saint of the internauts
- International Day for Landmine Awareness and Assistance
- Fritz Bolkestein: Dutch CEO (Shell) / Minister of Defense (VVD).
- Seoirse Bodley: Composer.
- Charles Luigs: American petroleum engineer and CEO in charge of Global Marine, an offshore drilling company.
- Lindon Crow: American football cornerback who played professionally in the National Football League.
- Robin Phillips: English multi-millionaire manufacturer (hand-dryer).
- Bill France: Sr., first president of NASCAR, NASCAR founder (Born 1909)
- Brian Hewson: English runner
- US dirigible Akron crashes off coast of New Jersey, 73 die.
- The International Court in the Hague decides that Greenland belongs to Denmark and condemns Norwegian landings on eastern Greenland. Norway submits to the decision.
- President Franklin D. Roosevelt declares a national emergency and issues Executive Order 6102, making it illegal for American citizens to own gold.
- Beer is legalized in the United States, eight months before the full repeal of Prohibition in December.
- The Law for the Restoration of the Professional Civil Service is passed in Germany.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?