Wednesday 5 April 1933
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Three Musketeers, directed by Colbert Clark, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 April 1933!
Which were the important events of 5 April 1933 ?
- Saint Geeraard
- The last day of the tax year in the United Kingdom.
- Blessed Kreszentia Hoess
- Saint Vincent Ferrer
- Arbor Day in South Korea
- Qingming Festival in the Chinese calendar
- Mauritius: Ougadi.
- Saint Irena (d. 304)
- Feridun Buğeker: Turkish footballer (d. 2014).
- Larry Felser: American journalist (d. 2013).
- Barbara Holland: American writer (Born 1933).
- Frank Gorshin: American actor, an accomplished impressionist and comedian in the '60s and dramatic actor.
- K Kailasapathy: Sri Lankan journalist and academic (d. 1982).
- US President Franklin Roosevelt issues Executive Order 6102, requiring public to turn in gold certificates, bullion, and coins for placement in the Federal Reserve.
- U.S. President Franklin D. Roosevelt signs two executive orders: 6101 to establish the Civilian Conservation Corps, and 6102 ''forbidding the Hoarding of Gold Coin, Gold Bullion, and Gold Certificates'' by U.S. citizens.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?